MassCOP offers a wide array of essential services to its membership.
Our members benefit from expert advice on all matters relating to contract negotiations, arbitration, and grievance procedures as well as legal representation.
- Preparation for the collective bargaining process. We help our locals build and execute an effective negotiating strategy for the long-term and immediate future. Enrolling in our training programs will provide your team with the resources to secure the best contract possible.
- Representation at the bargaining table when local efforts are unsuccessful. Your local team will receive substantial support from our central team. As a MassCOP Local, your Executive Board Representative with have access to two assigned attorneys. You will be able to forge a good working relationship with your assigned attorneys. Upon affiliation with MassCOP, you will be issued their email addresses as well their cell phone numbers. MassCOP has over 17 attorneys working for our members and Locals. We know how to build leverage and reach your objectives.
- Complete research and legal advice. MassCOP maintains a library of local contracts and arbitration awards to assist our members in the bargaining process.
- Seminars ranging from grievance procedures to current issues.
- Local political action to promote police orientation legislation.
- A legislative committee second to none. Our committee members are well qualified, experienced and work around the clock to encourage political support and file legislation on your behalf.
- Legal representation for police officers should they be named as defendants.
MassCOP will stand with you! Our members receive zealous support from our staff of veteran attorneys should they be named defendant as a result of actions taken in the legitimate performance of their duties.
*All new Locals wishing to affiliate with MassCOP are required to be on Direct Deposit for your Union dues from your Town or City as a condition of membership. Failing to complete the necessary paperwork for your Town/City Comptroller/Payroll division and MassCOP, or failing to facilitate this process will automatically stop all services, including legal services, immediately. Rest assured, The MassCOP office is is on standby and ready to help your Local with this mandatory condition.”
Our officers receive representation at all levels ranging from:
- Department Hearings
- District Court
- Superior Court
- Civil Service Commission
So, is it time your department joined MassCOP?
- Do you know the provisions of Chapter 150E as it applies to your rights and protections?
- Do you know what the Weingarten Decision is and how it applies to your rights representation?
- Do you know that Carney v. City of Springfield decision as it applies to disciplinary actions?